Monday, November 10, 2008

what did we find today....

11/7/2008

Today I decided to view my microaquarium with the mindset that all organisms were exciting... Just because my cyclops died, doesn't mean that all the other organisms are any less interesting. So, today I found hundreds of Halteria (Free Living Freshwater Protozoa D.J. Patterson). They are taking over. Virtually every view I took had a handful of them. Finally I know what those are though!

I found several shelled rotifers (Guide to Microlife by Kenneth Rainis) as well that were feeding off these green dots that were in patches towards the top. At the bottom of my aquarium I found a lot of diatoms, Blepharisma and Nematodes (Pond 1 Smaller Microlife Poster). I was excited about the nematodes, some were small and one was very very large! And lastly I found 2 snails crawling around in my aquarium. I took some pictures and video of one, and found that I had another under the stereoscope, which I thought gave a very cool view of my microaquarium.

No comments: